Fixing a broken appliance is not a “two buck job”…
As noted by one of the technicians at our company:
The worst part for many home owners is that some appliance repair companies don’t have a transparent pricing model or start tacking on “by the book” fees.
So how do you find a reputable appliance repair company to service your appliance at the best possible rate without having to worry about scammers or over-payment?
Well thankfully, it’s pretty simple! Before setting up an appointment with them, go on their website and make sure their rates for repair & maintenance services are guaranteed (set in stone) and are very clear to the reader. If they don’t have any pricing, or they only say that “pricing varies” – that’s an immediate red flag.
For example, here is a complete breakdown of our service pricing that you can compare against or use as a reference:
- Broken appliance diagnostic – $79.00 CAD + tax (Yes – that’s all!)
- Initial repair labor (first 30 minutes) – the first 30 minutes will cost $50.00 CAD + tax.
- Extended repair labor (additional time on top of the first 30 minutes) – each additional 15 minutes of time will cost $20.00 CAD + tax.
- Repair parts – the price on parts varies from appliance to appliance, due to different part availability and price from manufacturer. Here at Appliance Repair Coquitlam we only use manufacturer parts, no second-hand or aftermarket parts involved!
See? Everything is nice and simple!
No crazy math or “appointment fees” or any other kind of shady finances involved, and best of all, you know what to expect ahead of time.
Of course, many people have questions far more in depth than “how much does it cost?”, and you may just be one of those people, so here are some of the most frequently asked pricing and costs related questions that we get from our customers (and the answers to them):
- How much does the average appliance repair job cost? Answer: The average repair call costs around $130.00 CAD, not including the cost of parts needed for the service.
- How much does it cost to fix a broken dishwasher or another specific appliance? Answer: It’s very difficult to estimate the exact cost of fixing a specific appliance, as the cost is largely determined by the problem at hand, the complexity of the problem and the availability of manufacturer parts. Our appliance technicians can help you get an accurate quote in minutes if you give us a call today at 604-398-5576 or submit a quote request online.
- What payment methods do you accept? Answer: We take most available methods of payment including Cash, Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, Debit and even Paypal.
To wrap up this blog, before you choose an appliance repair company to handle your broken appliance, make sure the pricing is clear and comprehensive. Take your time and choose a reputable local company just like ours, to make sure that you’re getting the best professional service at the best possible price.