A broken or malfunctioning dishwasher can be a real nightmare for households. With washing dishes being a mandatory chore at home, a broken dishwasher can easily turn into a serious dilemma.
While most people tend to jump the gun and decide to replace the unit when faced with common dishwasher issues like water leakage and dishes not coming out clean – these problems are actually not hard to fix, and are generally much cheaper to repair by comparison to buying a brand new appliance.
So, to help you save time and money – here’s a quick rundown of some of the common yet solvable issues that many of our dishwasher repair technicians see frequently on the job in Coquitlam BC.
Top Dishwasher Problems That Can Be Easily Fixed
- Dishes don’t come out clean
- The dishwasher is leaking
- The dishwasher is not draining the water
- Spotty dishes, or soapy residue after wash cycle
- The dishwasher is overheating
- Strange noises, or loud banging during cycles
- Dishes don’t dry properly
- Stuck dish-racks or broken latches
- The dishwasher door won’t close
- The dishwasher smells bad inside
- Left over detergent/soap after washing
- The dishwasher is not filling up
- The dishwasher won’t start
Our Dishwasher Maintenance Tips
We can probably all agree that a dishwasher which doesn’t actually wash or clean your dishes is practically useless! Thankfully, there’s a number of small precautions and maintenance routines you can take care of at home to help your dishwasher function properly for years on end.
- Check the drain for small food particles and debris that might be lodged away in corners.
- Check the water jets, spray spouts and rack placements to see if everything is in place. Run an empty cycle every few days to keep the dishwasher clean. Also make sure you use a detergent that’s actually compatible with your dishwasher.
- Check for water buildup and try using “wash-aids.”
Like all appliances, dishwashers are surprisingly fragile when it comes to everyday wear and tear. In fact, some of the most frequently broken parts on the dishwasher are the door-handles and the touch controls/buttons.
Unfortunately, these small problems can actually cost quite a bit to fix. To avoid having to deal with those sorts of repairs – try not to slam the door too hard when closing it, or pulling too hard when opening the dishwasher. Nowadays, with new and improved technology, most appliances use touch-panel controls instead of buttons, and to make sure they don’t break down, try to be gentle with them instead of pushing on them too hard.
Do You Need Dishwasher Repair in Coquitlam BC?
Now – let’s say that you’re facing one of the above issues? Whether your door handle broke, a button isn’t working, or even if your dishwasher isn’t draining water – you need a solution, and you need one quick!
This is where we come in. Being the go-to company for dishwasher repair services in Coquitlam BC, you can book an appointment with our team of professionals to come in and diagnose the exact problem, order the needed parts and perform the repairs. In fact, we usually provide same day & next day repair appointments. By working with us, you can have peace of mind in knowing that your dishwasher is in expert hands, and will be up and running in no time.